Are you facing issues while installing or enabling Bluetooth on your Windows device? Don’t worry; here we will provide some effective ways to do that.
Bluetooth is a feature primarily available on all PCs and Laptops. With Bluetooth, one can experience fast and hassle-free file transfers. In addition, Bluetooth devices like headphones, mouse, keyboards, speakers, and CPUs are readily available and make one’s PC experience smooth.
Most PCs and Laptops come with a pre-installed Bluetooth feature that needs to be updated regularly. Therefore, in this article, you will learn how to install, enable, and troubleshoot Bluetooth.
Firstly, we will see the process for installing Bluetooth on Windows 10.
How to install Bluetooth on Windows 10
If Bluetooth is not already installed on your device, you can install it in two ways. The first one is to connect a USB adapter to the PC. You can adhere to the following steps to set up a Bluetooth adapter:
- Insert the Bluetooth adapter into a USB port on your computer.
- Now let the PC install all the necessary drivers for the adapter to run.
- Then select settings from the Start menu.
- Open Devices, and then Bluetooth and other Device Options. Select the device you want to connect to your PC.
To install Bluetooth on a PC without an adapter, you can follow the steps mentioned below. For your better understanding, we will consider the installation of the HP Bluetooth Driver as an example. The steps to install Bluetooth on your device are as follows :
- Search the manufacturer’s website on Chrome, which will be “HP Support” in this case. Make sure the site is legitimate to stay safe from malware and virus infections.
- Make sure you know the required details of your device, like its model number and version. Now open the search bar and enter the model number and version of your device.
- Select the latest version of Bluetooth from the search results and download it on your device.
- Once the download is complete, Install the downloaded driver by following the on-screen instructions.
- You can also access the Bluetooth driver from the Device Manager on your PC or Laptop.
Now that we know how to install Bluetooth on a Windows 10 PC, let’s proceed to the next part, where we will see how to enable Bluetooth once it is installed.
How to enable Bluetooth on Windows 10
To enable Bluetooth on your device, you can follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the Windows icon in the bottom left and open the Start menu.
- Open Settings from the start menu. ( Pro tip: Windows + I is a shortcut to open settings.)
- Once Settings are open, select Devices.
- In Devices, you see an option to turn Bluetooth on or off. Here, you can turn on Bluetooth and pair any of your Bluetooth devices with the PC or Laptop.
If you are done with both Installing and Enabling Bluetooth and still face issues, you can easily troubleshoot the Bluetooth device to experience smooth Bluetooth connectivity and other functions. You can Troubleshoot Bluetooth using the below steps.
How to troubleshoot Bluetooth in Windows 10
If you are facing any Bluetooth-related issue, you can easily troubleshoot it to experience smooth Bluetooth connectivity and other functions. A Bluetooth Troubleshooter fixes all problems related to Bluetooth on the device. To Troubleshoot Bluetooth on your device, you can follow these steps:
- Open settings from the Start Menu.
- Now click on Updates and Security.
- In Updates and Security Settings On the left side of your screen, you’ll see an option for “Troubleshoot”.
- Click on the “Troubleshoot” option. Here you will see an option for “Additional Troubleshooters”, Click on that.
- Now you will find an option for Bluetooth under the heading “Find and fix other problems.”
- Once you select Bluetooth, there will be an option called “Run Troubleshooter”. Once you click on that, the troubleshooter will run on your computer and fix all the problems that need to be fixed. Now you can enjoy smooth and hassle-free Bluetooth connectivity.
Bluetooth is one of the most important features, as it provides you with a cable-free desk and many other pros. If you follow all the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to enjoy a smooth Bluetooth connection as well as all the features related to Bluetooth. Whether you are working from home or on your office PC, these steps will help you stay up-to-date and mess-free.
We hope the article above will help you tackle all the problems related to Bluetooth and other Bluetooth-enabled devices. If you found this article helpful, share it with your friends and family to help them.