The world is in an aggressive pursuit of finding reliable energy solutions. With the urgency to fight climate change, the future lies in the hands of renewable energy and clean sources.
Statistics show that last year, renewable energy supply increased by 8%. This trend is showing no signs of slowing down and that is the reason many companies are looking to achieve energy efficiency.
In this article, we’ll dive deeper into learning more about energy efficiency and how your organization can achieve it in the long run.
1. Increase usage of renewable energy sources in building design
The increased usage of renewable energy sources in building design is about including technologies that generate heat or electricity from renewable and natural sources. These include solar energy, which comes from the sun, and energy generated from water and wind.
Renewable energy sources have one goal in mind and this is to reduce dependencies on fossil fuels that negatively impact the climate, pollute the air and increase carbon footprint. Great examples of renewable energy sources in a building design include:
- Wind energy: Small wind turbines can be installed on rooftops for generating electricity from the wind.
- Hydroelectric power: All buildings that are near rivers, streams, lakes, and other water sources can generate electricity by using a hydroelectric power system.
- Geothermal energy: Geothermal systems use heat from our planet to both cool and heat buildings. This increases energy efficiency and decreases carbon footprint.
- Solar energy: Photovoltaic (PV) panels are installed on roofs and walls for generating electricity from the Sun. This is used for heating and even to space heat.
Renewable energy sources are excellent for reducing energy expenses and relying on fossil fuels. In short, you are contributing to a greener environment and doing good for the planet.
Renewable energy sources allow you to upgrade building designs
Modifications and upgrades allow you to make your buildings much more energy efficient. Upgrades and modifications include the following measures:
- Sustainable materials: Using eco-friendly materials, such as renewable and recycled materials that reduce the environmental impact buildings have on the environment.
- Upgrades that promote energy efficiency: Cooling and heating systems can reduce energy consumption and costs.
- Green features: Upgrades to building designs include adding a set of green features, such as green walls, roofs, solar panels and more. All of these contribute to improving the sustainability of the building.
Renovations and modifications to building designs are what significantly impact the environment and sustainability of existing buildings.
2. Use Battery Intelligent Systems
Today’s customers care a lot about sustainability. Even Electric Vehicles (EVs) are becoming a trend. When it comes to powering these types of vehicles, sustainable batteries do exist and over time, researchers are creating even more energy-efficient batteries.
Many industry leaders are striving to balance out factors like scalability, energy density, sourcing materials and providing a cost-effective method. Their goal is to find sustainable ways for producing high-performing batteries and making sure that they aren’t degrading faster than necessary and harming the environment.
Many organizations are implementing smart battery systems to solve this problem. A great example is Elysia battery intelligence. The battery has a smart system where it knows when to charge, how to avoid overheating and stop fast charging mechanisms while the battery is too hot or too cold.
Moreover, the battery system controls the overcharging and over-discharging mechanisms that speed up the degradation process. You may wonder how is this important? Well, the longer batteries live and don’t degrade, the better it’s for the environment.
Batteries will usually need replacement when they drop under 80% of their original capacity. Good charging and discharging factors are what prolong the batteries life, especially when it’s a lithium-ion battery. This way, the time taken for them to be recycled is longer and thus, encourages a greener environment.
3. High-quality proxies
High-quality proxies in the United States increase scraping speeds, reduce downtimes and can unblock websites. They promote privacy and security, allowing you to safely browse the web and gain unrestricted access without having to worry.
High-quality proxies align with protecting high standards of data and aligning with U.S and international privacy regulations. In short, they serve as an internet middleman, run to other servers and give you what you need.
There are even free proxies you can use and they are great because they don’t cost you anything, allowing you to get through geo-blocks. They have an extra layer of anonymity, but can still slow down the connection and not entirely guarantee your privacy.
4. Green hydrogen
Green hydrogen is hydrogen that is produced by splitting water by electrolysis and using renewable energy sources and not fossil fuels. Renewable sources are a cost-effective method and are expected to go on the rise as an alternative method of using energy.
In most cases, Green hydrogen is used for manufacturing ammonia and fertilizers for producing transportation and petrol products.
5. Water conversions
Water conversions are strategies used for minimizing water usage and reducing building waste. Some parts of the world are facing water scarcity and it’s becoming a concern for them. Good examples of water conversion measures that are used by building designs include:
- Greywater systems: Recycle water from showers, laundry machines and sinks. This helps reduce the amount of freshwater you need in a given location.
- Water-efficient landscaping: Reduces the amount of water required for landscaping.
- Low-flow plumbing: Showers, toilets and others can reduce the amount of water they use.
- Rainwater reuse: These types of harvesting systems will capture and store rainwater for recycling.
Good usage of water conversions increases the use of water efficiency and minimizes waste for reducing mis-usage of water resources and using them in a more proper manner.
6. Electric vehicles (EV)
Gasoline and diesel powered vehicles have had a negative impact on the environment. Electric Vehicles (EV) on the other hand are an alternative method to promoting a greener environment and offering more affordable options compared to traditional gas and diesel vehicles.
EV adoption is a new way of improving the transportation system and reducing dependency on fossil fuels. They generate significantly lower greenhouse gasses compared to both gas and diesel vehicles. The important part here is that they remove emissions from the air and reduce the amount of dangerous gasses cyclists and pedestrians are breathing.
In the past three years, EV sales have increased by 10%. This means that the future is going to be built around EVs as they are contributing to a greener environment that is better for everyone to inhibit.
7. Using eco-friendly materials
Eco-friendly materials in construction have a significant impact on the environment and energy efficiency. This provides lots of environmental and economic benefits that include:
- Regulating building temperatures: Environment friendly (green) roofs and walls instantly make a difference. They keep buildings warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. This reduces the need for higher energy consumption in heating and cooling indoors.
- Better air quality: Eco-friendly materials used in construction are able to absorb pollutants and improve air quality by producing more oxygen.
- Better habitat for wild animals: Animals like birds, insects and other wildlife can live in better circumstances when using eco-friendly material.
- Absorb rainwater: Eco-friendly materials can absorb rainwater and reduce stormwater that flows into municipal systems. This reduces the chances of strains on water system infrastructures and the chances of floods.
Eco-friendly materials can contribute to a sustainable and well-built environment for economic, social and environmental benefits.
8. Net-zero energy generating buildings
These types of buildings are great for promoting energy efficiency since they seek to produce as much energy as they are consuming over the year. The material used in these buildings include:
- Wind turbines
- Renewable energy credit
- Solar panels
Net-zero energy buildings can reduce and eliminate the dependency on fossil fuels and reduce carbon emissions. In order to achieve a net-zero energy level, buildings have to be designed with materials that are energy-efficient.
The buildings need to have enough capacity for generating energy to meet certain requirements. This might involve producing on-site renewable energy systems like wind turbines.
Net-zero energy generating buildings are excellent for reducing a carbon footprint and energy costs.
The future requires us to grow green
Energy efficiency is becoming more important than ever and with climate change pressure, it’s important for us to be prepared more than ever. More and more people are inhibiting the planet and air pollution and other factors are negatively affecting the environment and energy usage.
With higher levels of energy consumption, eco-friendly materials are being used in buildings to positively contribute to the environment and improve our energy efficiency levels.
Author Bio: Tony Ademi is a freelance SEO content and copywriter. For roughly four years, Tony has managed to write more than 500 SEO-optimized articles and most of them have ranked #1 on Google. When writing, Tony’s main focus is to carefully do research and make sure that his content is high-quality.