The implications of Brexit will be far reaching. The next milestone is expected to be reached on November 21, 2018 following UK and EU government negotiations on November 21, 2018. But what do these latest developments mean for traders? And how can businesses mitigate the impact of additional costs and more red tape in the supply chain? To help companies prepare, AEB, a provider of software for global trade and logistics, is organising a free Brexit Tool Kit Conference on Tuesday, December 4, 2018. Registration for this free event is now open on https://www.aeb.com/uk-en/events/brexit-conference-2018-uk/en/.
This year’s annual conference by AEB is titled “Brexit Tool Kit: Practical Solutions for Businesses”. It takes place for the 9th consecutive time and follows on the heels of the UK and EU government negotiations results, scheduled for November 21, 2018.
The conference gets down to business, focusing on the following topics:
– What’s the impact on your supply chain and global trade operation?
– How to establish flexible supply chains in times of dynamic changes
– Integrated networks including customers, partners, and suppliers
– A structured approach from sourcing to delivery in your supply chain
– Scrutinizing all existing processes to establish holistic trade landscapes
– Turning change into an opportunity for growth and development
Amongst the experts speaking at this event are:
– Allie Renison, Head of Europe and Trade Policy, Institute of Directors
– Mandy Deakin-Snell, Director of International Operations, DPD
– Claire Umney, Strategic Initiatives Director, AEB
– Aaron Dunne, EU Exit Customs Stakeholder Engagement and Analysis, HMRC
John Acton, Managing Partner at DSI Europe – a “critical thinking” consultancy – will moderate the conference and lead delegates through the day. The event’s key note will focus on the future of trade, and global trade experts from industry and government will host several interactive business sequences, enabling active audience engagement with direct polling, questions, and answers.
Geoff Taylor, Managing Director at AEB in the UK in the UK said: “Global trade has always been a dynamic environment, but Brexit certainly adds significant new challenges for both experienced global trading companies and businesses who are only starting to export or import. Our Brexit Tool Kit Conference will provide valuable information and input for mitigating risks emanating from Brexit, helping companies survive in today’s fast-changing and competitive environment.”
The event takes place on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm at the Institute of Directors, 116 Pall Mall, St. James’s, London SW1Y 5ED. Attendance is free of charge, and participants can register via https://www.aeb.com/uk-en/events/brexit-conference-2018-uk/en/.