The concept of mHealth appeared relatively recently. This word is short for mobile health. It stands for mobile services for the medical field.
An application for a medical center is now an important marketing and service tool that will be useful for a private or public clinic, or diagnostic center.
Today we will talk in detail about healthcare software development and its benefits for medicine and patients.
Benefits of Medical Apps
A mobile application in the field of medicine creates a comfortable interaction between a patient and a doctor and solves a number of tasks:
- Increases efficiency. The patient has reference materials at hand and can answer a number of questions himself. Doctor – all information about the patient. The number of patients is increasing due to fast and high-quality service.
- Increases customer loyalty. If the application for the hospital has detailed information about procedures, doctors, and services, then the credibility increases. The ability to book an appointment with a doctor online, view test results, or find out in advance the cost of care also increases customer loyalty.
- Saves time. Papers are becoming a thing of the past, and it is much more convenient for a doctor to access a patient’s medical history online. A mobile application for a clinic should include a database of patients with their medical history, then any doctor can review the data, make a new record and optimize time.
- Increases patient awareness. Having an application, you can make mailings, talk about news, promotions and give other information. So one-time customers turn into regular ones.
- You can create an application for a beauty clinic, health, laboratories, dentistry, specialized centers, and many other healthcare institutions. Medical apps are a profitable investment that will help you stand out from your competitors.
Categories of Medical Mobile Apps
There are quite a few different applications for medicine. Each of them performs certain tasks and has its own functionality. The choice depends on your goals.
- medical calculators;
- calendars and reminders of patient appointments;
- pharmaceutical guides;
- online training and communication with colleagues for consultations;
- appointment management.
Such mobile applications for the clinic will greatly simplify the work of doctors, optimize it and make it comfortable.
- symptom control and medical guides;
- reminders, alerts, and notifications;
- chronic disease control;
- applications for remote communication with doctors;
- fitness training;
- weight loss apps.
Each of them has a set of features that make life easier for the patient.
Benefits of Using Healthcare Apps
Improving the interaction between the patient and the doctor
The ability to always be in touch significantly affects the feeling of peace and security, and when it comes to health and medicine, this factor cannot be neglected. With medical apps, your patients will be able to book online consultations or ask questions to doctors via chat, which will provide them with a more attentive and personal communication experience. It is also a good idea to create a chat with the round-the-clock support of the doctor on duty, where a health question can be asked to a qualified specialist at any time.
In addition to talking directly with your doctor, it’s a good idea to provide online medical, disease, and symptom information. People tend to trust the internet and often look for answers to their health questions there. Give them the opportunity to find a solution in a trusted source, and you will gain new loyal customers.
Best Medical Compliance
Following prescriptions is often a difficult task: not making out the doctor’s handwriting, not having the necessary medicine at hand, the patient forgetting to take a dose, or the right medicine running out of time. Applications help to cope with all these problems.
The doctor can initially enter prescription data into the application, so the patient will always have data at hand about and in what dose he needs to take. Also, such applications can send notifications that it is time to take medication, reminding patients to adhere to prescriptions. Moreover, it is possible to create a calculator that will notify you in advance that it is time to restock medicines.
Improving medical services
Applications give you the opportunity to notify patients about any new services in your clinic, or all the institutions with which you interact, tell you about new trends and trends in medicine, and constantly provide up-to-date information. For example, now, in the application, you can display information about quarantine restrictions, as well as the possibility of vaccination and testing for antibodies. And a reminder of the trend toward proper nutrition can encourage users to lead a healthier lifestyle. Maintaining constant communication and providing useful information to users improves their experience, and for the clinic becomes a source of loyal patients and increased revenue.
Stages of Healthcare Application Development
1. Pre-project work
Stage of preliminary discussion and evaluation of the cost and timing of the project development:
- Communication with the client.
- Preliminary collection of requirements.
- Preparation of a preliminary estimate of the budget and timing.
- Clarification of requirements and update of the assessment.
- Coordination with the client.
2. Analytics and design
Usually begins after the signing of the contract. The main task is to draw up clear and complete requirements for the development of the project:
- Understand what features and use cases need to be implemented in the application.
- Also what not to do.
- Agree on an interactive app prototype:
- screen interface layouts;
- navigation between application screens.
- Write terms of reference – a large document containing a complete description of all requirements for the development of the project.
- Allows the client to be sure that everything that he needs will be done.
- And it allows the developer to be sure that he will not have to do extra work that the client could “imply” but did not explicitly express before.
3. Mobile development
The mobile application development stage can be launched when the design and terms of reference are ready. Includes:
- Application interface layout.
- Implementing navigation between screens.
- Logic programming.
- Server API integration.
4. Server development
The server development phase usually goes hand in hand with mobile development. Includes:
- Database Development.
- Server API development.
- Writing API Documentation.
- Admin panel development (system control panel).
- Integration with third-party systems:
- Internet acquiring;
- CRM, etc.
5. Publication in the App Store/Google Play
Publishing to the App Store/Google Play takes place after development is completed. Includes:
- Registration in the App Store/Google Play.
- Preparation of application pages in the App Store/Google Play.
- Preparing and uploading screenshots.
- Laying out builds.
- Passage of moderation.
6. Support and development
This stage includes:
- Elimination of bugs and errors
- Preparation of application pages in the App Store / Google Play
- Additional development of new functions according to new wishes from the client
Creating a healthcare application is important for medical institutions in our time. In order to make a high-quality and visually attractive application, you need to contact a healthcare software development company that is a professional in this field. Thus, you will receive a quality product.