WEROCK Technologies GmbH, innovative manufacturer of rugged tablets, notebooks and handhelds, presents the Rocktab U210, a powerful, ultra-compact yet fully rugged tablet for mobile use in the manufacturing, automotive and transport and logistics sectors. The new Ultra Series model comes with market-leading features and is available to order now.
With a weight of only 996 grams as well as a thickness of 15 mm, it is surprisingly light and thin. Despite its compact form factor, WEROCK’s new Rocktab U210 has been designed for use in industry and logistics. It is optionally available with Windows 10 IoT Enterprise, Windows 10 Professional or Ubuntu 20.04 Linux. Equipped for the future, the Rocktab U210 is compatible with the upcoming Windows 11 operating system.
Like all WEROCK devices, the new Ultra Series model is built from the ground up to be rugged, ready for the toughest outdoor conditions. The tablet is certified to MIL-STD-810G, even exceeding the usual military standard. Instead of the usual 1.2 m drop height, the Rocktab U210 even survives 1.5 m drops under difficult conditions. Currently, there is hardly a tablet that can withstand drops from a greater height without being damaged. In addition, it was subjected to a so-called drum test to check the drop resistance in everyday use. In this test, the tablet has to survive 40 consecutive drops from a height of 1m. The Rocktab U210 is also certified according to class IP65 and guarantees full protection against dust and
water penetration. In ambient temperatures ranging from -10°C to +50°C, the tablet remains 100% operational.
The new Rocktab U210 features a 10.1-inch full-HD display with up to 800 nits of brightness, offering not only significantly more brightness and better contrast ratios than other fully rugged tablets currently on the market, but also exceptional durability and excellent reading, even in bright sunlight. The capacitive touchscreen is made of reinforced glass and is built tough enough to exceed IK06 impact resistance. It is gesture-enabled, highly accurate and suitable for capturing signatures. A matching digitizer input pen is optionally available. It can also be operated in the rain and with gloves.
Inside the tablet works a powerful quad-core processor from Intel® (Celeron N4120 or Pentium N5030), which is supported by 8 GB RAM working memory. Thus, the Rocktab U210 is almost three times as fast
as Atom processors usually used for tablets. There is 128 GB of internal storage available, which can be expanded via a micro SD card.
In terms of connectivity, the new Rocktab U210 is extensively equipped. On the side, the device has a USB 3.1 Type A as well as a USB C port, micro SD card slot, micro HDMI, but also a Gigabit Ethernet port. The built-in 2×2 MU-MIMO WLAN adapter supports the new 802.11ax standard, is WiFi 6 certified and enables data rates of up to 2.4 Gbps. The integrated Bluetooth® 5.2 opens up numerous other application scenarios, from connecting barcode scanners and augmented reality applications to vehicle
diagnostics or indoor navigation. Outside the company building, the Rocktab U210 relies on outstanding connectivity. The optional high-end industry-grade 4G LTE connectivity offers download speeds of up to 300 Mbps. The Rocktab U210’s built-in GPS is the high-end module from leading Swiss manufacturer uBlox. It offers fast positioning with high accuracy and reliability.
Despite the compact dimensions, you don’t have to do without a long battery life. The Rocktab U210 is designed with a replaceable battery and a total battery capacity of 38 Wh. These each allow a runtime of up to 10 hours with just one battery charge. Thanks to hot-swap functionality, the battery can also be changed on the fly, allowing for unlimited tablet runtime. A powerful 65 watt power supply ensures that the tablet is also quickly recharged.
As a special feature, the tablet optionally has an extremely compact high-end 2D barcode scanner that disappears into the front edge without being visually obtrusive.
Features of the Rocktab U210 :
• Rugged 10.1″ industrial tablet for professional use
• Powerful Intel processors: Celeron N4120 or Pentium N5030
• Sunlight readable display with 800 cd/m2 brightness and WUXGA resolution
• Scratch-resistant multi-touch screen including display protection foil
• Can also be operated with gloves and in the rain
• Most accurate operation possible via digitizer
• Ultra-compact case, only 15 mm deep and weighing 996 grams
• Exceeds shock, vibration and drop resistance according to MIL-STD-810G
• Ideal for harsh environments as it is IP65 water and dust resistant
• Withstands 1.5 m drops
• Hot-swappable 38 Wh battery for uninterrupted operation
• Compatible with Windows 11
• Available with Windows 10 Pro, IoT Enterprise or Ubuntu Linux
• 8 GB LPDDR4 RAM, 128 GB eMMC SSD
• Full size USB 3.1 Type A and USB C port
• 2×2 MU-MIMO 802.11ax dual-band WLAN (WiFi 6 certified)
• Seamless roaming of different wireless cells thanks to 802.11r
• Ready for the latest applications thanks to Bluetooth® 5.2
• Micro SDXC card slot – memory expandable up to 1 TB
• High-resolution cameras for razor-sharp images
• High-end uBlox NEO-M8N GPS for position determination
• Optionally including high-end 2D barcode scanner & 4G LTE high-speed Internet connection with up to 300 Mbps
• Docking stations and other accessories available
• Carbon neutral product: all greenhouse gas emissions from production and transportation offset
“The Rocktab U210 is the perfect combination of ruggedness, compactness and performance. It is the lightest and most compact device in our Rocktab Ultra flagship tablet series and is packed with modern features,” says Markus Nicoleit, Managing Director of WEROCK Technologies GmbH.
Like all of the company’s products, the tablet’s carbon footprint, which inevitably results from production and transport, is fully offset via WWF Gold Standard climate projects.
The new Rocktab U210 from the Rocktab Ultra series is available to order now. Also available are the Rocktab U212 (11.6 inch) and Rocktab U214 (13.3 inch). Versatile use and flexible integration into all environments is easily achieved with the help of the extensive accessory catalog, including secure vehicle and office docks, carrying handle, 2-point shoulder strap, battery charger and much more. For more information, please visit the official site: https://www.werocktools.com.