Schneider Electric, the leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, has announced the launch of Geo SCADA as a Managed Service. An industry first, the OT orientated service will enable customers to share the responsibility of managing and maintaining their telemetry system with Schneider Electric.
The resources needed to manage and maintain a SCADA estate are hindering digital transformation projects. OT professionals are increasingly having to focus on keeping systems running rather than on operational activities. The service from Schneider Electric acts to enhance the internal support structure, taking the maintenance element away to enable domain experts to focus on improving and developing the estate.
Geo SCADA as a Managed Service from Schneider Electric enables any business in any segment to cost-effectively build a future-proof, resilient infrastructure. while reducing CAPEX and OPEX, alleviating resource constraints, and simplifying regulatory and sustainability reporting.
Key benefits include:
- Enhanced resilience – All organisations are preparing for the future by digitising their infrastructure. The main goal of this digitisation is to increase uptime and minimise risk. Geo SCADA as a Managed Service enhances network availability and resilience, with data sitting within the end-to-end cyber secure Schneider Electric Cloud and is constantly monitored for threats.
- Evergreen systems – The process of managing and updating a Geo SCADA, as well as servers, networks, and data centre facilities, takes time, money and expertise. The new service provides proactive monitoring, support and resolution, patching and upgrades, service reports, as well as constant optimisation recommendations. This not only enables customers to redeploy their internal workforce to value-added activities but means OT and IT professionals are certain that the whole estate is running optimally on the latest technology.
- Regulatory and sustainability assistance – As well as enhancing performance and resilience, the managed service aligns and assists with regulatory compliance and sustainability reporting. Complete visibility and access from anywhere with the cloud, simplifies the processes and provides a clear benchmark for sustainability performance.
- Reduced expenditure – The new service effectively mitigates the initial expenditure of shifting to the cloud by enabling customers to spread the cost over the OPEX phase, lowing TCO (Total cost of ownership). This means companies can make the step change without having the uncertainty of initial or ongoing costs.
- Flexible deployment – Geo SCADA as a Managed Service is entirely vendor agnostic and can be deployed regardless of whether Schneider equipment is installed on site. The offer provides several models to meet specific customer availability, resiliency, and performance requirements and can be tailored to individual circumstances.
“Our customers are focused on becoming more efficient, resilient and sustainable,” said Tarjeevn Sahota, Enterprise Architect at Schneider Electric. “We launched Geo SCADA as a Managed Service to give their OT teams greater support. By enabling them to share responsibility for their estate, they are freed up to spend more time on more value-add activities, such as digital transformation projects. Our customers can focus on their main business, knowing that their OT estate is in expert hands.”