U.S. IoT Reality Check” report finds an increasingly competitive environment for IoT vendors, in consideration for IoT projects by U.S. firms. While the complexity of managing legacy processes and juggling IoT platforms are growing pain points for U.S. firms.
Other key findings from the newly released U.S. analysis include:
- Microsoft and Mobile Operators remain the top two vendors in consideration for IoT deployments among U.S. firms.
- IBM is closing in on Mobile Operators, having improved to 3rd position, up from 5th in 2017.
- Amazon has jumped into 5th position from outside the top 10 in 2017; while Google has also improved and now sits in the top 5 ranking.
- Figure 1 illustrates the top 5 vendors considered for IoT deployments by U.S. firms, as ranked by IoT decision makers in 10 vertical markets.
- Deployment Size and Spend
- IoT deployments by Strategic vs Operational drivers
- Revenue vs Cost avoidance and Asset Utilization applications
- Adoption and plans for Platforms, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Geo-Location
- Vendor Preferences and Vendor Selection Criteria
Andrew Brown, Executive Director of Enterprise and IoT Research at Strategy Analytics, said, “The major winners are those vendors that dominate the cloud business globally (Microsoft, Amazon, IBM and Google), as well as those that dominate the connection of distributed endpoints (Mobile Operators).”
Matt Wilkins, Senior Analyst, IoT Research at Strategy Analytics added, “Winning the fight for market share in IoT will center on helping businesses meet their regulatory and compliance issues, while delivering business benefits and demonstrating a proven track record of bridging the gap between different platforms, vendors and legacy processes.”
The full report is available to subscribers here with future market reality checks for UK, France, Germany and China planned in the coming weeks. The report is published by the Strategy Analytics IoT Strategies (IoT) service, details of which can be found here: https://www.strategyanalytics.com/access-services/enterprise/iot/about-iot.
A complimentary Executive Summary of the report, U.S. IoT Reality Check: Platform Integration, Legacy Process and Culture Are Key