Having a job is fantastic; knowing that you can pay your bills and have a secure future is the best feeling ever. However, sticking to a position where you do not have a bright future is never an option. Freshers become experienced professionals with higher designations only because they are open to growth and new opportunities. And if you have come across such life-changing opportunities, you should never hesitate to switch and not feel awkward while handling your resignation letter to your boss.
A foolproof short notice resignation letter is the best remedy to part on good terms. If fellows wish to leave with dignity, they must avoid awkwardness and leave with a good impression and write a proper leaving letter.
What Is It?
Although everyone knows what a quitting message is, a short-notice resignation letter is slightly different from the regular one, and the difference lies in the period. When people mention ‘short notice,’ it means they are resigning way before their contract or probation period, and the reason behind it can be many things. Such as not liking the job role, the environment, the employer or colleague’s behavior, not seeing a bright future ahead, and so on.
When Do Fellows Need It?
As stated before, the reason for resigning from a current job position on short notice is mainly related to the work environment, unsatisfying job roles, or even personal emergencies. And sometimes, even when the current job position is satisfactory, there are times when fellows come across better growth opportunities and better pay scales offered by a more successful company. This is a crucial time to make the right decision that can turn out to be life-changing.
What to Remember before Writing the Note?
Employees complain about their resignation letters being rejected; you wouldn’t want that for yourself. To ensure yours is accepted in the first place, prepare beforehand and proceed according to your plans. Please follow the points below:
- Before quitting, it is essential to keep the finances in order.
- Plan your date of resignation.
- Sum up remaining projects or works if necessary.
- Begin to pack your belongings.
- Remember to delete those personal files from the PC.
- Double-check the company’s contract and policies.
- Finally, have a proper conversation with your manager and boss.
How Can Folks Write a Pro Short Resignation Letter and Get It Accepted?
Sometimes, even if people have made up their minds and are willing to quit their job and opt for better opportunities, everything depends on a single leaving note. They may feel awkward handling that letter to their manager; however, it is the crucial step one must take for a new beginning.
Although many quitting letters get rejected, you can avoid the fear of rejection if you write a dope letter that is professional and follows the correct format. Here are the things you must remember before writing your letter:
- Before even penning or typing, inform your manager beforehand to avoid shock and rejections; sometimes, a little discussion beforehand can solve significant problems.
- The next vital step involves following a resignation’s right, professional format. Make sure it is easy to read and grammatically correct.
- Do not complicate, be honest and present a genuine reason behind your sudden decision.
- Remember to mention the position you are currently employed in and will be resigning from.
- Ensure to include essential details like address, name, date of joining, resignation, details of your position, and signature.
- Your tone should always be formal and polite, and do not refrain from showing gratitude and thanking the organization.
By following the correct format, filling in the necessary details, and expressing gratitude towards the organization you are currently employed with, you can write resignation letters that are bound to be accepted. Honesty and politeness are always appreciated in work culture. Hence, you should always incorporate such a tone in your writing.